Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baking Attempt #2

Being at home like this in the middle of a blustery May day, snow tapping at the windows, winds wandering through the air vents - makes me want to make something.

I've been dragged along by a chain of creative events the past week: the short story I finished for a literary scholarship, the painting currently drying in the corner, the stack of handmade "business" cards.  I had a pause today between cleaning house and cancelling a dental appointment, and thought "Now what?"  The recipe to cure my boredom was just that - in the giant blue cookbook, instructions for a most delicious looking pie.

I have never made pie on my own before; other occassions I had Harriet or my sister to tell me what to do.  The pie's in the oven right now, a cinnamon shell housing a plethora* of fruit: apple, pear, strawberry - pretty much whatever was in the fridge.  Regardless of how it turns out, I will eat it!

My craving for creative activity filled, I can now move, conscience-free, to the living room, curl up against the cold, watch Lost in Translation...

And if anyone was interested, Baking Attempt #1 was a batch of oatmeal cookies: half were overdone, but tasted good anyways (:


(* Plethora - word of the day, thanks to Chelsea)

1 comment:

  1. Oatmeal cookies? Good choice. The only thing that would make those better is raisins. ;-)

    ReplyDelete