Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cover Letter (aka: selling oneself to the employment machine)

To whom it may concern:

My name is Brittni and I am a university student looking for summer employment.

I came across your advertisement on the Internet and was interested in applying for [insert postion here].  I would be a good [insert worker title here] for many reasons: I have experience in the [insert job field here] and I am an attentive learner.  I am a good listener and approach tasks with a positive and creative attitude.  My past employers would agree that I am a dedicated worker who is always looking for more tasks to do; however, I am attentive to the needs of others.  I am well-versed in Shakespeare, Bob Dylan, and the Bible.  I often dress in clashing patterns and/or colours, and I want to get a mohawk, but not til I'm sixty, so no need to worry over me wrecking your pristine [insert company name here] image.  When I grow up I want to be a musician or a writer, meaning I'll probably be poor; so I'd really appreciate it if you hired me so I could prepare for that as far in advance as possible.

Thank you for your time and your consideration of my application.

Sincerely,

Brittni

2 comments:

  1. I bet that gets you all kinds of jobs... :-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I've got like three interviews lined up with the Invisible Man, Sherlock Holmes, and the International Shakespeare Guild, so wish me luck

    ReplyDelete