Wednesday, March 31, 2010

On The Edge of the Frenzy

Only eighty minutes left...
and then, I will willingly sacrifice all my free time to its appetite
one word morsel at a time; but I have no plot.

Writer's block is like losing
a staring contest to a gargoyle
I saw one today, behind glass, guarding
someone's second-story patio

Only seventy-four minutes left...
'til I plunge into a non-existant screen reality-
pieces of my mind; but I have no plot.

Pennies fall in this Copper Opera,
scatter as a false Mack grips the handle
of his inky quill, prepared to kill
time between inspirations with tic-tac-toe

Only seventy-one minutes left...
and then begins Script Frenzy
"30 days. 100 pages. April"
I'm in, I guess...but I still have no plot!

Check it out, aspiring playwrights/ graphic novelists: http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

Prayers for sanity through this writing madness would be much appreciated (: Peace kids! Oh, and happy Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment