Monday, March 22, 2010

I Can Tell, This Is Going To Be a Terrible Procrastination Tool

I would like to vent, if I may?

Today began well: people were presenting character monolouges, and it was amazing how unique each one was!  There was an Anonymous internet user addicted to the letter 'a', Moses, Superman, a child who did not want to have a bath, a child telling her teddy bear about her new home, the director who won an Oscar this year, a teenage bride in Afghanistan...Though the stage lighting I chose for mine was too top heavy, I portrayed my one armed character almost exactly as I had practiced, though with more pocketed hand.  It'll be great to see the presentations on Wednesday! PS: For those wondering, I am not a drama kid.  I love Drama, and I'd like to be involved in theatre for the rest of my life, but I'm not a drama kid!

The shadow over my day was my unfinished Shakespeare essay.  I meant to work on it last night, but I fell asleep in the study lounge beside my computer and didn't wake up until 7:00.  I ended up skipping a class to work on it.  Shame shame.

I also misplaced a book, which had my student ID in it, and usually I'd be okay with that; but today for some reason it just really grated on me.  It did turn up, as I trusted it would, but the clouds I endured during its absence put a damper on all my creative energy.

Luckily, there was a meeting with my group for our final project in drama tonight, and that cheered me much; we're planning on doing a piece about the growing secular influence in the Church, and there's going to be music!  I've been playing so much piano this year and in front of people, it's crazy! Thanks Mom for all those lessons when I was a kid!

Anyhow, I've had ice cream, music practice time, a trip to the library, a visit to Facebook, and a couple chapters of Middlemarch - I should be good to finish my essay now, right?

2 comments:

  1. Two posts in as many days on your brand new blog? Impressive. I see you fixed the blinkie too ~ excellent my young apprentice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the days of drama classes and essays and such... :) good luck with the essay!

    ReplyDelete