Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Photo Shoot with Jacob Bos

Concordia is a place of opportunity. Random things happen.  Like me being a model.  What the heck.


Joking aside, it was a sweet day - kind of cloudy, with sun running over everything, and the river valley in it's August prime.  I, on the other hand, was nervous.  But Jacob was totally cool, a passionate photographer and artist, as you can see in the way he set up the shots and used the light.  The most vivid part of the experience for me was Jacob pointing out a tree growing out of the side of a bank.  I had always wanted to climb that tree, but always had a reason for passing by and thinking 'another time'. This was that other time, and getting myself out onto it felt prophetic in an every day sort of way.  The 'awkward elbow', as it was named, was me bracing myself so I didn't fall to a bloody end on the beach ten meters below and bust my guitar.  It was completely awesome.


So here are some of the pics, and some of my favourites:







If you'd like to see more of Jacob's work, check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/itsyourphoto/sets/72157627365844631/ or http://itsyourphoto.com/

2 comments:

  1. Now you need to record an album so you can use one of those on the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous pictures, Brit! Looks like it was a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete