Sunday, April 3, 2011

Post show ----

Hey.  I've been somewhat depressed.  And I think it's a combination of things.


One: The Child, Handel completed its first run.  I didn't realize how much I was enjoying working on the project until it was over.  And it's like this every show I'm part of, only I had forgotten.  The joys of drama.


Two: I've been listening to too much Radiohead and watching too much Lotus Flower dancing.


Three: I live in constant captivity to the expectations of others, especially those of men.


Four: I make too many lists.


People are getting married.  Classes are ending and I still have a capstone paper to finish.  The people I most want to connect with are the ones I avoid.


I'm only writing about this because I actually had peace again today.  Maybe it was the sunny weather, that I carried boxes all the way to church, that I was able to have communion, that my friend preached about the man born blind, that I baked bread, that one of my roommates and I got to walk down to the bridge and actually talk about life.


I want to extend the script for The Child, Handel so that I can submit it to the Tarragon Theatre Playwrighting Competition at the end of April.  Seeing it onstage was definitely a high point of this year, and to have it so well acted was a blessing.


Flowers from One Acts ~ oh thanks Supinas
Maurice, Mildred, and Handel
Opening Night!
Erika can't watch - her hair is being 80fied!










We're having a reading for our short story class Thursday, April 7th in the Concordia library at 4:30pm.  There will be refreshments and awesome writing to be shared by all.  I think I'll read the one about the punks on a bridge...

2 comments:

  1. Hmm ... I had an interesting discussion with someone today about life too. Quite the coincidence. Are there any coincidences??

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good question! I would say, no, there aren't. What do you think? Maybe this is a sign we should talk about life.

    ReplyDelete